Today … Let’s talk about this amazing recipe “MahaShivratri Special THANDAI“. Yes! You heard right we are talking about
MahaShivratri Special THANDAI
- Thandai is a refreshing & cooling Indian beverage mostly made during festivals like Maha Shivratri & HOLI.
- It is a traditional drink & is much popular in the Northern States of India.
- This delicious & aromatic coolant is made with nuts, seeds, whole spices, and milk.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Level Of Cooking: Easy
Taste: Sweet & Chilled
- Milk- 1&1/2 Ltr
- Saffron Strands
- Badam- 1/4 CUP
- Cashew Nuts- 1/4 CUP
- Pistachio- 1/4 CUP
- Melon Seeds- 1/4 CUP
- Poppy Seeds- 1 & 1/2 CUP
- Fennel Seeds- 2 Tbsp
- Black Pepper- 2 TSP
- Cardamom Pods- 1 Tsp
- Warm Water- 1 CUP
- Dry Rose Petals
- SUGAR-3/4 CUP
- Take a Bowl.
- Soak all the Ingredients
(Badam- 1/4 CUP,Cashew Nuts- 1/4 CUP ,Pistachio- 1/4 CUP ,Melon Seeds- 1/4 CUP, Poppy Seeds- 1 & 1/2 CUP, Fennel Seeds- 2 Tbsp,Black Pepper- 2 TSP,Cardamom Pods- 1 Tsp).
- Soak them overnight or soak them in warm water for 6 hours.
- Take 1&1/2 ltr milk.
- Let the milk boil.
- Once the milk is boiled, then add some saffron strands.
- Now our saffron milk is ready. Keep it aside.
- Peel off the skin of almonds.
- In a Blender, take all the soaked ingredients and add some dried rose petals.
- Blend them to a fine paste.
- Add little water for getting a fine paste.
- Transfer the saffron milk into a deep pan.
- Add all the ground paste to the saffron milk.
- Mix everything well to combine.
- And then add 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You can increase or reduce the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- Give it a nice mix.
- Thandai is ready, let it come to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Serve chilled Thandai.
- So do try this recipe-“MahaShivratri Special THANDAI” and let us know your views in the comment section.
- I always love to write down articles that are useful to update our Food Knowledge
- And most importantly don’t forget to subscribe to my website SimplexFood
- So that you’ll get the notification whenever I upload a new post related to “Food Knowledge“. in particular, So do stay updated with us.
- If you find my posts useful, so please Do Share these posts with your Friends and Family…
- Do Follow us on Social Media given Below — We” ll share more useful knowledge with you All…
- Have Questions? be happy to contact us at email@example.com
- To see some other awesome, healthy and delicious food recipes also check TheFoodChrome
- Your Opinions Are Always Best for us –> So Please Inbox us your Suggestion.